At Via Seating, we understand that great chairs are consciously built. This is at the forefront of our minds from the design phase to a chair’s end of life. Throughout the chair production process, we are consistently reducing green house gas emissions, reducing water use and reducing solid waste. We use materials that are environmentally-friendly and safe for use. Our result is safe and sustainable, great chairs.
Eclipse is CLEAN AIR GOLD & BIFMA LEVEL 2 certified. It satisfies LEED credits, the Living Building Challenge (LBC) Imperative 08 (Clean Air Gold) & WELL Feature 04 VOC Reduction (Clean Air Gold). Eclipse meets the Practice Greenhealth, Health Care Without Harm Healthy Interiors Criteria for Seating (ie. formerly known as “HHI compliant”). It is tested to the BIFMA x5.1 standard and is BIFMA COMPLIANT, registered on the BIFMA compliance website. Eclipse is available on the ecommedes, mindfulMATERIALS & ORIGINS sustainability library websites.
Eclipse & its outdoor Eclipse Wired version are extremely versatile. They deliver solutions in the following locations and more:
- Large Space: Eclipse on a v-leg base is perfect for large spaces including conference halls, auditoriums, dining halls, large meeting rooms and university lobbies/greeting/congregating spaces. It is light weight and easily moved around into custom seating configurations. Its stackable nature up to 15 off the floor makes this a versatile, endlessly adjustable solution.
- Medium Space: Eclipse light task & v-leg base chairs are perfect for spaces such as breakout areas, classrooms, libraries, lobbies, small meeting spaces, waiting rooms, hallways and other transitional spaces. The optional arms with comfort armrest pads are excellent for training rooms and other spaces requiring a longer sit. Its arm tablet available on the left or right side of the chair is the perfect option for learning and brief working spaces such as to fill out paperwork. The 15 degrees of flex back encourages movement to improvement engagement and comfort.
- Small or Private Office: For intimate spaces such as a private office, small office break-room, one-on-one training rooms, private spaces in libraries and patient rooms, Eclipse on a v-leg or wood base is a desirable chair. Specify with an upholstered seat for lasting comfort.
- Outdoor: For an indoor-outdoor flexible solution, try Eclipse Wired. This solution is perfect for outdoor café, training, transitionary spaces and more. The easy-lift, light-weight metal frame allows this chair to be reconfigured outdoor or moved to be utilized indoor.
- Breadth of Line: available as a stackable side/guest chair with a v-leg, an executive guest chair on a wood base, a light task chair & a light task stool. Also available as an outdoor stackable chair.
- Design: a continuous line, curved like the elliptical orbits of the spherical planets, generates a clean and essential seat conveying lightness.
- Arms: choice of armless or with a loop arm. The armrest matches the chair’s poly color. Colors: chair shell offered in 6 lovely colors.
- Frames: matte black, chrome, polished aluminum, brushed aluminum and beech wood depending on frame type selected.
- Upholstery: option of adding an upholstered seat.
- Transportation cart: optional transportation cart stacks poly 15 chairs high armless, with arms and with tablet arms.
- 2020 Red Dot Design award winner, 2021 ADEX Platinum award winner & 2021 Best of NeoCon GOLD award winner. Also a 2021 HiP honoree.
- Warranty: 6 year warranty.