ONDA—Italian for “Wave”—is Via Seating’s first all-mesh chair designed by Studio V. This multi award-winning chair delivers incredible comfort, ergonomics, function, durability all in a stunning design. It is offered in a range of styles including mid back, high back, and stool options in forms in a monochromatic matte black or light grey frame color with a wide range of beautiful mesh colors. ONDA won a 2021 Platinum Award for Design Excellence (ADEX) and was featured in Design Journal’s Best of 2020 Products.
This chair has new innovations throughout. From the single rotation ergonomic synchro control, the 6D 360-degree rotating arm cap, the reverse locking safety casters, to even the unique “fabric feel” 4-way elastomeric mesh ONDA also offers Via Seating’s Patented Proprietary Copper-Infused Mesh available in black or natural striped patterns. This award-winning mesh solution is naturally biocidal, anti-viral & anti-bacterial. Using 0 additives, Via Seating’s Copper-Infused mesh, destroys harmful microorganisms upon contact, delivering a truly sustainable, self-sanitizing mesh seating solution.
ONDA is the next generation chair that is taking the industry by storm.
At Via Seating, we understand that great chairs are consciously built. This is at the forefront of our minds from the design phase to a chair’s end of life. Throughout the chair production process, we are consistently reducing green house gas emissions, reducing water use and reducing solid waste. We use materials that are environmentally-friendly and safe for use. Our result is safe and sustainable, great chairs.
Onda is CLEAN AIR GOLD & BIFMA LEVEL 2 certified. It satisfies LEED credits, the Living Building Challenge (LBC) Imperative 08 (Clean Air Gold) & WELL Feature 04 VOC Reduction (Clean Air Gold). Onda meets the Practice Greenhealth, Health Care Without Harm Healthy Interiors Criteria for Seating (ie. formerly known as “HHI compliant”). It is tested to the BIFMA x5.1 standard and is currently BIFMA Compliance pending. Onda is available on the ecommedes, mindfulMATERIALS & ORIGINS sustainability library websites.
Onda is an exceptional workday chair within an all-mesh form. Its mesh is 4-way stretch elastomeric mesh designed to achieve optimal breathability between the seat and back. Its captivating aesthetic and cool comfort make it a perfect solution for open office, home office, private office and breakout areas. It is offered at regular chair heights, a tall stool height and an extra tall stool height with a wide range of height positioning for essential personalization.
In addition to regular mesh, Onda is also offered with Via Seating’s proprietary, patented, copper-infused mesh. Onda is the only copper-infused, all-mesh, contract grade furniture chair on the market. Its copper utilizes a natural (0 additives), oligodynamic effect, which starts destroying harmful microorganisms including covid-19 upon contact. The copper is a biocidal, anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-odor solution, which doesn’t harm the environment or the chair user like many topically applied antimicrobial products. Also, unlike topical applications, the strategically infused copper will not wear off in time.
The copper-infused solutions expand the use of Onda to healthcare and other environments with intensive and essential cleaning policies. It offers a perfect, trustworthy seating solution for healthcare professionals both on the go, in and out of the chair, and in administrative areas.
1. Breadth of line: high back and mid back all mesh chairs.
2. Framework: available in black or light grey dipped-look frame colors.
3. Mesh: flocked mesh with a soft hand available in 7 colors, featuring two Via original, biocidal, self-sanitizing copper colors (black and copper striped mesh).
4. Arms: optional 6D height adjustable arms with integrated, pivoting, arm caps in a black or light grey finish.
5. Control mechanisms: featuring quick adjust advanced synchro that uses single rotation adjustments for the back (no endless turning of the handle to adjust your backrest to your level of comfort). Also offering body balance technology options.
6. Lumbar: integrated, adjustable lumbar support.
7. Bases: featuring a custom, high-profile, five-star swivel base in a black or light grey finish matching the framework for a flawless, dipped-look.
8. Casters: Optional black or light grey open-design, all surface (including hard floor) reverse locking safety casters.