Our weekly round up of workplace news from around the web.
- Neither open floor plans nor telecommuting options are close to perfect environments. The former has been shown to hinder workplace productivity and the latter can stifle collaboration. SF Gate shares how to craft a new office that everyone will be excited about.
- While Amazon continues its search for HQ2, the online shopping company is no doubt also looking at what to include in the future building no matter where it is. Check out Mashable’s advice for HQ2 office perks.
- While co-working represents a small, yet growing segment of the office market, reports a new study, with Manhattan dominating and LA close behind. Read more from Commercial Observer.
- A new survey has revealed that flexible and co-working office spaces create value for not only users and tenants, but also developers. Building Design & Construction says more landlords see these spaces as long-term solutions.
- According to a new survey conducted by CBRE, in partnership with CoreNet Global, corporate real estate departments need to become more effective partners in the agile transformation of their broader organizations. Check out Workplace Insight’s break-down of the report.