Our weekly round up of workplace news from around the web.
- Fast Company asks: are we creating beautiful, functional spaces—or merely social-media-friendly content?
- Quartz highlights research that suggests that being more visible in open plan offices may not be good for everyone, especially women.
- Having a totally rigid siloed structure stifles creativity, reports Management Today, but swinging too far the other way can cause as many problems as it solves.
- Vice reports on the fall of WeWork and CEO Adam Neumann. Could more coworking spaces be next?
- Two years after the NYC Department of Buildings tried to ban them, office building rooftops and terraces are multiplying with a vengeance, says New York Post.