A recap of week 4 of WD Flex: Back to the Office featuring industry experts, Kay Sargent of HOK and Rex Miller of Go mindSHIFT.
We wrapped up week four of the WD Flex series with a lively conversation between Kay Sargent, HOK and Rex Miller, Go mindSHIFT, and WDM’s Bob Fox. Bob kicked things off by asking their thoughts on the general consensus of returning to the office. Kay shared that it’s a powder keg of mixed feelings and we can only wait to see what happens. Rex noted that many of us have experienced an extended period of stress and pressure from the pandemic, which could trigger negative emotional responses. The return to the office will require reconditioning in order to avoid these situations as we come back together. We must come to terms with the fact that we are not going back to normal, but rather a new normal.
Bob moved on to asked: How can we help people with this? With so much that has changed since we were last in the office, Kay mentioned that so should our expectations. The key to a successful return is to try to help people understand what they are going to experience so that it’s not a shock. Rex noted that it is also important to examine stress points when going back to the office.
Check out the recording of the conversation above to see Bob, Kay, and Rex address more important questions such as:
- Organization, Workplace and the Individual: How do they connect?
- What pain points should be considered?
- How has the employee-employer relationship changed with remote work?
- How do we help people who are returning with a heightened sensitivity to sensory elements?
- What strategies can be leveraged in reducing stress by design and in the change management process?
- And more!
And this Session’s Sponsor: