Our weekly round up of workplace news from around the web.
- Check out why CNN says the office, as you know it, is dead.
- It’s time to change the hierarchical class system that exists in the office markets across the U.S., reports ReJournals.
- Yahoo shares that Amazon thinks the future of work is at the office and has bought real estate in six major US cities.
- The Wall Street Journal reports that Ford has asks 30,000 employees to clear out their desks as they make way for their upcoming workplace revamp.
- The coronavirus pandemic will accelerate many trends say GlobeSt.com, including the reinvention of offices in a way that not all employees work full time at companies’ headquarters but demand different types of space depending on what they are doing and when they are doing it.
- Geek Wire interviews furniture designer Ethan Pearl about the future office and how COVID will rearrange it all.